Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Random Questions Tag!!


We were tagged by The Book Of Jules! Go read her answers :) (*whispers* She read in the Louvre omg so lucky!)

In this tag, i'll be answering 18 random questions listed below, so y'all can know more about me! Awesome. So let's start.

1. Have you ever thrown a book?
Noooo!! I mean I wanted to yeah, but I would never hurt a book like that *sniff* 
Mostly because I read on my ipad, and the last time I threw my ipad... it refused to respond for a day (a very very long day,  I might add) so I have my reasons. That scared the heck outta me.

2. Do you like lengthy books or short books?
Depends on if the book is good or not. Because.. if you like it, you wouldn't want it to stop, but if it's mehhh then you want it to be over already! Short books do have that simple magic to them though, don't they?

3. If you don't like a book, do you stop reading it or finish it?
Again, it depends (omg I am just so good at answering these XD) of what level of "bad" it's on. If it's the 'I'll claw my eyes out if I need to read one more page' type, I'll put it down because I'm a nice person and I won't torture myself. If it's the 'this is so stupid it's kind of hilarious; I need to write a review' type, I'll push through. If it's the 'Gawwsh i'm bored to death kill me already' type, I probably won't stop reading on purpose but it'll just happen "naturally" ...AKA forget it exists after not reading a few days because it was so unmemorable. 

4. Do you stop reading when you're tired or when a chapter finishes?
When i'm tired definitely. I read real books mostly in the day and ebooks in the night (A bit opposite?) because it's easier to read on your ipad while lying down (real books will flop on your head) so I just kind of drift asleep midsentence.. I guess that counts as to 'stop reading'.. :D 

5. How do you organise your shelf?
By how much I like the book ^.^ So my favourites are on the top shelf. I don't care much about how pretty my shelf looks.. random shelving always looks best imo :P

6. Paperback or Hardcover?
Weeellll...... I love the feeling of a hardcover but paperbacks are way cheaper and they have this 'used' feeling on it :) 

7. What book can you not wait to read?
IN THE AFTERLIGHT BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN!!! It's almost out!! It's the third and last instalment of the Darkest Minds series, which is totally awesome. I. Can't. Wait.

8. A book you wish could be turned into a graphic novel?
Hm... I don't actually read graphic novels :/ I've only read one before and that was for school.

9. A book that disappointed you?
The most recent one was The Giver by Lois Lowry. It had a great concept, but then the ending fell flaaat. 

10. What book made you cry recently?
Love and Other Unknown Variables xD Yikes. Not a pretty picture

11. Do you prefer buying books online or going to the bookstore?
I wouuuld say bookstore.. but then I've only been to a bookstore twice in my life, and those were really small. (Oh the perks of living in only non-english speaking countries before.) So most all my books come from Book Depository :) My haven!

12. Do you prefer to listen to music while reading or to read in silence?
Depends on if I'm really into the book or not. If i'm lost in the book, I love reading in silence :D If not... I just kind of dance to myself with music while reading, if that's not too weird. 

13. What is the weirdest thing you've ever experienced while reading a book?
I don't think I've experienced anyy..o.O Well I bumped into a glass door once because I was reading while walking but that's about it ^.^

14. What was your first fandom? 
Harry Potter!! I was 8 :D

15. What fictional character do you relate to the most?
Tough! Uhm.. Lilly from Puddle Jumping or Rafi from Louder Than Words . I think those are the characters I connected to a lot.

16. What fictional character do you with you were more like?
Omg Luna Lovegood! I totally worship her! I really just admire her character and independence :) Ever since I read OoTP when I was like.. 9? 10? I seriously wanted to be Luna xD But then I figured if I was trying to be like Luna, that isn't what she's about since she's being herself and i'm trying to act like her.. so then my goal was to be myself. Yes, I was a weird kid. Still am *grins* Growing old is mandatory but growing up is not. 

17. If you could spend a whole day with five characters, who would you pick?
 Luna Lovegood, if that wasn't obvious, Liam Stewart from The Darkest Minds, Adrian Ivashkov from Bloodlines (He's hilariousss), Ginny Weasley from HP, and Fred and George from HP. Dude I love the Weasley family<3

18. What is a book that exceeded all of your expectations?
Recently? Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas :D I didn't know it was going to be that good!
I'm also reading an ARC called The Walls Around Us, and it also has that creepy setting. It's really good so far :) Perfect for this Halloween mood everyone seems to be in lately!

And that's it I guess? Great fun! My nominations areeeee......*drums roll*

Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books
Éles Veronika @ Reading is Dreaming With Open Eyes
Laura @ Blue Eye Books

and anyone else who wants to do it! Say I nominated you :P
Give a link below as well.. I would love to read your answers :)

—MissOddball™ Over and Out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment