Monday, August 11, 2014

Chocolate Book Tag

Tagged by Rachel at APerfectionCalledBooks

Heyy sorry for the delay.. there are loads of us and a few new members that wanted to join the choco partay XD Without further ado *blows trumpet*:

Dark Chocolate ~ A book that covers a dark topic (domestic violence, abuse, rape, loneliness, death, ect)


Tia's Pick:
THE COINCIDENCE OF CALLIE AND KAYDEN
Domestic violence, abuse, rape, and a close call with death...I don't think it can get any darker than that .-.




Belle's Pick:
Jay Asher paints a beautiful and sad, but most importantly, an insightful story of a girl who commits suicide, and the 13 reasons why.




Cass's Pick:
ONE MOMENT
About a death of a boy, and a girl who was connected to it. One moment can change everything. I can't really remember if it was "dark", but I do remember that although it wasn't my favourite book, the story was really raw and surprising.




Ryann's Pick:
 IF HE HAD BEEN WITH ME
Death.. Loss.. Attempted suicide.. Pregnancy.. Loneliness, in a way.. This book sorta has it all, minus the sexual abuse that seems to be a recurring theme in these books. Quite the opposite actually, our MC seemed to be in control of her body at all times ^.^




White Chocolate ~ Your favourite lighthearted/humorous read


Tia's Pick:
BIGGEST FLIRTS
This book is light, flirty, and funny and is should be read when you're in the mood for a good laugh ^^ it doesn't hurt that the MC is named Tia either ;)




Belle's Pick:
HEIST SOCIETY
This is a really cool, light read about notorious teenage thieves who've grown up with.....ohh right, thieving parents and grandparents! They'd give good bedtime stories.....





 Cass's Pick:
REBEL BELLE
A hilarious urban fantasy read! Will brighten up your mood :D There were loads of laughing moments, and our heroine is just so funky. There's a bit of a stupid triangle though. Just sayin.




Ryann's Pick:
EMBRACE
I haven't read embrace in a while, but every time I do I laugh. I don't think i'm supposed to laugh, but I do XD Even though I love this book, I also love making fun of some of the events mentally. Hmm.. I never did read those sequels...




Milk Chocolate ~ A book that's gotten a lot of hype and that you're dying to read


Tia's Pick:
OPPOSITION
So many teasers! I seriously can't wait for this book to come out!! *fangirls*




Belle's Pick:
THE QUEEN OF THE TEARLING
I love YA fantasy, and there's a LOT of hype surrounding this book, considering it was announced it was to be made into a movie with Emma Watson BEFORE it's release! Wowzers. A must read.





Cass's Pick:
A MONSTER CALLS
Even though it's sort of a short children's book, I love Patrick Ness's books and writing and this one has gotten SO many positive reviews; I need it now. Now.




Ryann's Pick:
SILVER SHADOWS
SILVER SHADOWS SILVER SHADOWS SILVER SHADOWS :D Even though it came out like..*counts* two days ago, I still can't wait to read it so it counts XD I have it on my phone as an ebook, but I can't find enough time to read it :( Sydrian <3





Chocolate with a Caramel Center ~ A book that made you feel all gooey inside while reading it


Tia's Pick:
JUST LISTEN
This book was just simply amazing and made me melt at every page. Such cute and gooey relationships!




Belle's Pick:
BITTER SWEET LOVE
Sooooo XD I haven't really read many 'gooey' books, so this is as close as you're gonna get from me...*sticks out tongue* Yeshh, it's a novella ^^ But it was a great intro into the Dark Elements series, and I think it was totally gooey worthy ;P





Cass's Pick:
THIS IS WHAT HAPPY LOOKS LIKE 
A girl and a guy, strangers to each other, connect over a mis-sent email, and their relationship goes even deeper. This book is just so SWEET ermahgosh. I stayed up laaate reading this, and was smiling like an idiot just from the prologue.




Ryann's Pick:
THE TRUTH ABOUT FOREVER
The Truth About Forever was really cute. I love Sarah Dessen :D Like me, Macy lost a parent. Unlike me, Macy tried hard in school due to this. Anyways, there were some parts that made me all sad, like any normal human being would feel, but most of the book just made me smile and go "awwwww~".




Wafer-Free KitKat ~ A book that surprised you lately


Tia's Pick:
CRASH INTO YOU
This book surprised me a lot! I didn't expect that ending o.o





Belle's Pick:
GOING DOWN IN FLAMES
Well, it didn't surprise me exactly....but the tagline made no sense to the plot when I read the books....sooo o.O That counts enough right? ^^



I thought it was going to be this silly book about beginnings or whatnot, but it was really unexpected and good!




Ryann's Pick
REBORN
I picked up Reborn because I loved Shadow Falls, despite a hateful review of a former friend of mine. I wasn't expecting much, because the rest of the books I had read recently sucked, but I was up as late as I could before my dad woke up reading that book. I love Della, I love everything. I love Shadow Falls and the plot and the characters, and even though I guessed a little of what happened, there was sooooo much more to the story. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!




Snickers ~ A book you're going nuts about



Tia's Pick:
SILVER SHADOWS
Adrian Adrian Adrian!! My love I wait for you *dreamy look*





Belle's Pick:
HEIR OF FIRE
JDHFHDLHLSHDHLKT!!!!!!!! *screeches like a banshee* GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME. 'Nuff said.




Cass's Pick:
Read itt!! Seriously one of my favourites and i'm going crazy forcing people all around me to give it a try ;) I know what your thinking... "It's historical fiction! Borrringgg." But no. I actually thought that too, but when I picked it up and got into it, it was utterly magical and I fell in love with all the characters who has now become part of my bookish family. <3



Ryann's Pick
NOAH :D 'Nuff said. Nah, I won't do that to ya... After waitin for what, a year? The release of the Retribution of Mara Dyer draws near :D I HATE CLIFFHANGERS I HATE THEM PLEASE NOAH MY BABY PLEASE BE OKAY COME BACK TO MEEE~  
I've been obsessed since the seventh grade 0_o Almost two years?! Da heck is the author lady doing back there?! *peeks around curtain* Anyways, i'm sooo excited :D THE RETRIBUTION IS COMING, THE RETRIBUTION IS COMING!




Hot Chocolate with Cream and Marshmallows ~ A book you would turn to for comfort


Tia's Pick:
I have read this book probably 4 times since I found the series! Such a light and funny read that makes me feel better every time! ^^




Belle's Pick:
THRONE OF GLASS
ToG, weirdly enough XD Even tho it doesn't exactly bring on the warm and fuzzies, it's comforting to me because it comes from my fav genre EVER, the genre where I feel at home :D
Cass's Pick:
Duh..  Harry Potter will always be my comfort food. *huggles* If you haven't read it........ I have nothing to say to you 0_o Seeing Harry grow up all over again, reminiscing in how I met the characters all those years ago, Hogwarts..I feel at home. I can also still remember my favourite teacher's voice reading this to us everyday in class like some sort of stereotype grandma..except she was really young..yea <3



Ryann's Pick:
The Iron Queen. My love <3 For whatever reason, whenever I read TIQ I feel really happy. I usually read it when I just need to feel better, and Ash and Meghan always make me feel better :D The vows though... You know what, I can't. I love this book too much.




Box of Chocolates ~ A series you've read that has a wide variety and a little something for everyone 
This series has everything! Vampires,werewolves, angels, demons, romance, action. They're books anyone could read!




Belle's Pick:
There are feels, lack of instalove (I felt the need to add this ;P), aammaaazing writing detail especially in Never Fade, and a MC who, while she's not flawless and she struggles constantly, she's got a strong resolve, and I really connected to her personality <3


Cass's Pick:
CHAOS WALKING TRILOGY  
Although the YA's on a little more juvenile level because the character's ages and such, it has deeper meaning and can connect with all readers. The writing style is amazingly unique and realistic, and you won't be forgetting it anytime soon. A dystopian :D Really well written.





Ryann's Pick: 
Strange Angels is pretty close to the Mortal Instruments if you ask me. Only... the man character is a badass from the very beginning and there are (WHY?!) no warlocks :( You have your vampires, your weres, your ghost and ghouls and everything in between... Only thing that really makes me like Strange Angels more is the fact that it has zambies :D ZOMBIE FAN OVER HERE, WORSHIP ME AND BRING ME YOUR PRESERVATIVES.

—MissBloodsucker™ All Sucked Out!
—MissOddball™ Over and Out. *salutes*
—LittleMissTotem™Ruffling Your Feathers ;)
—LittleMissPessimist™ Open Your Wings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment