Tuesday, July 22, 2014

City of Heavenly Fire ~ Cassandra Clare

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
My Rating: 3 out of 5 Stars
Average Rating on GoodReads: 4.56 out of 5 Stars
Pages: 725

Synopsis:
In this dazzling and long-awaited conclusion to the acclaimed Mortal Instruments series, Clary and her friends fight the greatest evil they have ever faced: Clary's own brother.

Sebastian Morgenstern is on the move, systematically turning Shadowhunter against Shadowhunter. Bearing the Infernal Cup, he transforms Shadowhunters into creatures out of nightmare, tearing apart families and lovers as the ranks of his Endarkened army swell.

The embattled Shadowhunters withdraw to Idris - but not even the famed demon towers of Alicante can keep Sebastian at bay. And with the Nephilim trapped in Idris, who will guard the world against demons?

When one of the greatest betrayals the Nephilim have ever known is revealed, Clary, Jace, Isabelle, Simon, and Alec must flee - even if their journey takes them deep into the demon realms, where no Shadowhunter has set foot before, and from which no human being has ever returned...

Love will be sacrificed and lives lost in the terrible battle for the fate of the word in the thrilling final installment of the classic urban fantasy series The Mortal Instruments!

When I started this, I had been excited! I had been hearing wonderful reviews for it saying things just made so much more sense and that it was a great way to end a series. 

But while I agree with it wrapping up loose ends, I don't agree with is that it was amazing. I was actually disappointed with the book.
For one, it was too damn long xD it felt like it was drug out and that everything that happened could have happened without the extra 200 pages. 

On top of the length, I felt that some of the things that happened were completely unnecessary or just didn't make a lick o' sense. I mean...Jordan's death? And Maia's reaction? That could have been dealt with differently. She didn't even seem sad for goodness sake! All she said was "I was going to break up with him." Who in their right mind would say that when someone just died instead of being upset about it? Ugh just...no.
Also...Sebastian's death...WTF? "He smiled, closed his eyes, and died." By the Angel! How can you end him like that??
He was a major character and you barely gave him a proper death! This was a big disappointment Cassie Clare /: I actually wished he would have survived the heavenly fire...that would have been a fantastic ending, one no one was expecting. But I get why he died, it was expected. What wasn't expected was the complete lack of emotion behind his death.

MALEC!! My OTP <3 they got back together which I am so so happy about! I nearly died when Magnus was going to give up his immortality so they could get out of Edom. 








 I probably would have had a heart attack if he would have died DX but it all worked out with them and was one of the only things I was happy about in the book ^^

Simon :( what happened to him, losing his memories, was probably the most heartbreaking thing that happened in this book. 
He lost everything, or so they thought.
I was about to go on a ranting escapade if Simon didn't remember who he was to everyone in the shadowhunter world, but he DID remember. At least a few details *cheers* AND HE'S GONNA BE A SHADOWHUNTER!! Now him and Izzy can be together without people looking down on her for being with a downworlder!!

Emma Carstairs is one kickass kid man. I look forward to reading about her in TDA! Her and Julian's relationship was so cute and it pissed me off that they were going to become Parabatai /:
Now they can't be together for realsies! Which I want to happen D: *sighs* Cassie you've crushed my dreamsss!

The book overall wasn't great but the ending made it worth it. I gave it three stars but would still recommend that the people who want to have things cleared up and have all the loose ends tied up read it.

~LittleMissTotem™ Ruffling Your Feathers ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment