Sunday, May 11, 2014

Paper Towns- John Green

Paper Towns
by John Green!

My rating: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 

Current Average Rating on Goodreads: 4.10 o.O

Synopsis: Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life — dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge — he follows.

After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues — and they’re for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees of the girl he thought he knew.


Mixed feelings.. I WANT to like it, but it's seemingly hardd....
This book is so overhyped. I mean.. a lot of John Green books are, in my opinion XD I think most all of his books are about these teenagers that read classic books and think philosophically of the meaning of life all the time.. It gets a little dull after a while. 
I've read 3 John Green books out of 6 now (two being collaboration novels), and I've rated them all 3 stars except TFioS, and that might change if I reread it..who knows XD I used to rate everything high those days. 

Anyhoo, this one is more unbelievable than most. and by unbelievable, I mean unrealistic. 
Quintus loved Margo since he was young, and they found a dead body together while they were 10 or sumfin. Wow. Oookayyy thenn......XD They don't talk a lot while they grow up, Margo is one of those oh so popular girls in highschool; Quintus is presumably one of the more..lower class. And then one day out of the blue, Margo comes knockin at his window at the dead of night, tagging him along for a Margo style adventure! Whoop whoop! and then she goes poofff the next day. Maaggiiccc. So Quintus makes takes and makes it his job to find her, bringing a bunch of his friends with him, and doing all sorts of crazy stuff to find her. 

Well thats the basic storyline. Ikr! That's it!! Theres nothing more to it! *sighs*
The whole book was generally nonsensical to me. I just don't getany of these characters!! No relation, or whatever. It was written well, typical John Green awesome writing with seriously....HEAPS OF METAPHORS *facepalm* I don't even know where he comes up with these things ._. There are like paragraphs of metaphors in every. single. book. he writes. So weird. So yeah, as usual, I was drowning in his metaphors. They're kinda hard to understand too...XD Something about strings and water tanks and grass. o_O *scratches head* My brain isn't cut out for this stuff.

The ending was alright.. bit surprising, really. The way things turned out.. I think out of all his books, TFioS had the best ending. The other ones were ended too abruptlyyy! and they confuzzled meee! Endings are the hardest things to write in a book..the wrap up for the journeyy.. this wasn't his best. 

Oh I remember saying I was officially hooked into the story maybe 50% in..yeah that feeling lasted about 50 pages *sigh* Was a nice feeling..shame it went away ;( 

I dont' really know what to write about this one, honestly :-/
Bottom line: It was a very strange confusing unrealistic book with loads of metaphors that are meant to sound sophisticated, but it adds to the unrealisticness, and the characters were really annoying and 2 dimensional- *snaps fingers*- PAPER PEOPLE. Oh the irony. Plus it was a bit boring in some parts, and the ending was a shame. That is all.

-MissOddball™ Over and Out. *salutes*

But i'm still gonna watch the film XD So curious


... How the heck do you get rid of the white highlight ._. *frustrated noise* Technologically impaired -_- GO AWAY, HIGHLIGHT. *jabs at random buttons*

I can't get rid of it D: MY EYESS ARE BURNINGG FROM THE LIGHT *squints blindly and reaches out* SOMEONE HELPP XD

0 comments:

Post a Comment