Thursday, May 29, 2014

Forgotten- Cat Patrick

Forgotten
By
Cat Patrick

My Rating:    Mehh. Cool concept, could have been better.

Current Rating on GoodReads: 3.84 

Synopsis:

Each night at precisely 4:33 am, while sixteen-year-old London Lane is asleep, her memory of that day is erased. In the morning, all she can "remember" are events from her future. London is used to relying on reminder notes and a trusted friend to get through the day, but things get complicated when a new boy at school enters the picture. Luke Henry is not someone you'd easily forget, yet try as she might, London can't find him in her memories of things to come. 



When London starts experiencing disturbing flashbacks, or flash-forwards, as the case may be, she realizes it's time to learn about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.


The synopsis makes it sound cooler than it really is. Like seriously. That sums up the whole book. 
THE SYNOPSIS TRICKED MEEEEE *wails*

I SPENT LIKE 18$ ON THIS BOOK, BECAUSE THE SYNOPSIS. CURSE YOU, FORGOTTEN.
I could have bought... the Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight! Monster of Men! Rebel Belle.. Assassin's Blade.. I MEAN, SO MANY THINGS I COULD HAVE BOUGHT INSTEAD OF THIS.

Ugh. 

Anyways.

16 year old London (I always think of the Suite Life on Deck when I hear that name XD Good timess) can only "remember" things from her FUTURE. Dun dun duuuun! And after she experiences that future she sees, she forgets it the next day at precisely 4:33AM. 
Cool, right?
I know. That's why I BOUGHT IT. *facepalm*
Sigh.
So like, yeah... and then, she meets a cute guy called Luke. I always think of LUKE. I AM YOUR FATHERRR DUN DUN DUUUUN!! when I hear that name but whatever.

She's all "OMG HE'S SO HOT!" 
He's like "Heyyy! I'm new. You look cold. I'll give you my sweatshirt! *gallant voice*
Her: Yayyy his sweatshirrt! 
*next day*
Him: Heyyy London
Her: ...Dude. Who the heck are you.
Him: ...
Her: OMG HE'S HOOOOT
Him: Hey. Let's go on a daaate.
Her: Yay
*next day..and so on*
Him: Haiii
Her: ..Who are you? but OMG HE'S HOOOOOTT
Him: I'm yow boyfriend. Let's go out.
Her: Okey doke.

Me: ...

Okay, maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration, but that's basically the story XD
Every night before 4:33 am AKA the time she "resets", she has to write a note of what interesting things happened that day, what homework she has, what she needs to bring, what to avoid because she knows what's gonna happen..yadayada. So she technically doesn'y forget forget Luke. But she falls in love with him everyday for the first time like 90 times so... yeah... a bit weird...*awkward silence*

The book is First 50 Dates in print form. With more paranormal. ....Wait hang on did I get that right? 51 First Dates.. First 51 Dates.. The movie where the girl has short term memory and she's stuck on the day of her car crash accident? ...no? ..okay.. Well.. it's kinda funny. You should watch it :D ..like not that the car crash and the situation is funny, but the general story of how the guy makes different first dates for her everyday..

*coughs* MOVING ON

The whole book was based to much on insta love romance, if you ask me. I want action, people. Action+Romance. Preferably Action > Romance. But Action = Romance is good too. This book was Action <<< Romance. ..TRIPLE CROC MOUTHS! ^.^
It had nice twists here and there.. but kind of predictable, and I didn't really like the writing style? Hehe..

I only read this book like a week and a few days ago but I can't remember what happened exactly.. I'VE FORGOTTEN. GET IT?

Lame, I know *sighs* Well the story just didn't stick.

Oh and you don't even want to hear my rant about Jamie. LONDON'S SUPPOSED BBF, YA KNOW? O.o

...Please highlight this part if you want to read my random...whatever its called ^.^ ...might be unintentional spoilers? *shrugs*

Jamie. Jammmmiiiiieeeee. Jamie Jamie Jamie. JAAAAAMIIIIEEEE. *facepalm*  you need some serious help.
L: I know what will happen. 
J: Go away. Dont tell me my future. Freaky future guurrrrl
L: Don't do it, okay?
J: Psh what evahhh 
**Jamie will have an affair with a married teacher.**
L: Jamie, you don't know what will happen. This is not going to turn out well!
J: IT'S MY LIIIIIFEEEE IT'S NOW OR NEVERRRR.. I'M NOT GONNA LIVE FOREVERRRRR
L: He might go to jail!
J: Yeah right. We'll just be careful.
L: Dude he's married.
J: So what. 
**Jamie might get pregnant**
L: Jaaamieee..listen to meeee
J: GO AWAY LONDON, NO ONE LIKES YOU. BURRRRN
L: ...
J: I'm not talking to you anymore. Don't tell me what to do and not. ITS MY LIIIIIFE IT'S NOW OR NEVERRRR
L: Okay me sowwyyy.. Friends?
J: NO. WEEE. ARE NEVER EVER EVERRRR.. GETTING BACK TOGETHER. 
L: :(
J: I am going to ignore you until the very last bits of the book because you tried to warn me about some serious stuff, gurrrrl
L: Humph. LUKE. LETS GO OPERATION DONT-GET-JAMIE-PREGNANT- GO GO GO MOVE
**London does sumfin and changes future**
J: I HATE YOUUUU
L: At least your safe.
J: HE WENT TO CUSTODYYYYY
L: Well me sowwy. Friends?
J: NOOOO. I TOLD YOU. WEEE. ARE NEVER EVER EVERRRR GETTING BACK TOGETHERRR

Me: Shut up already.

Bottom Line: Infuriating book with a cool concept but stupid characters. Has loads of twist but still, it does not make up for the stupidity. Too much instalove. Gross. Easy but not my kind of writing. Two stars purely for concept and idea.

-MissOddball™ Over and Out. *salutes*





0 comments:

Post a Comment