Thursday, March 6, 2014

Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Well this is Mad :D...

Anyhoo... so (duh duh duh DUH!)


GRACELING

BY: Kristin Cashore
Graceling by Kristin Cashore
471 pages
Mad: LOVES. Katsa is a kick butt ninja, the story line is awesome, the scenery's great and Po is what happens when you combine sexy beast and adorable.
---------------------------------------------------
  Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight - she's a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king's thug.

When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change.

She never expects to become Po's friend.

She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace - or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away...  (Goodreads)
---------------------------------------------------
-Mad's Review-
  
  I LOVE this book. I love it soooo much. Did I mention I love it? I do. Yep.

  You HAVE to read this books. This was one of the first books I read when I was just getting into YA fiction and it's still by far one of the best I've ever read. 


  I love the world that Cashore created, the mystical mixed in with what could have been kingdom's in our worlds past. The surroundings immediately suck you into the story and hold you there. 

  
  Then there are the gracelings. I love this idea so much. That some people are randomly born with a certain talent. Like seriously HOW COOL IS THAT?! But wait. It gets cooler, the way they tell who's graced is by their eyes. GRACELINGS EYE'S ARE TWO DIFFERENT COLORS. I don't know about you, but I kinda have an eye fetish and that's right up my alley. DIFFERENT COLORED EYES! Not just plain ole brown and blue though! NOPE! They have to be all legit colors like violet, and silver, and gold. I would kill for purple eyes. You think I'm joking. I'm not.

  Another amazing aspect: Katsa. Can a heroine get anymore kick butt ninja than her? NO. No, I think not. She, by nature is a bit violent and her grace just gives her even more of an edge. She is SCARY. I love this soooo much in a heroine. Like: "oh hey Katsa, you're uncle is trying to turn you into a monster and you're starting to feel like one and you're all confuzzed and stuff... you wanna go hide in a corner and sob now? I prolly would..." but she's all like: "Nah. I gots this... Imma go kill something and demonstrate my mad ninja skills and work this out logically without having a major meltdown and needing someone to come save me." Yeah. I like Katsa.


  And then there's Po. Oh Po.... You can make even having the unfortunate name choice a fat kung fu panda seem sexy. He is a fricken sexy BEAST (and I really do not use that term all that lightly... You might hear it a lot at first as I'll be reviewing my favorites first... but for realzies, it beith a term of honor) His eyes are SILER AND GOLD... SILVER AND GOLD!!! *swoons* He'd have me there, but he gets even better. He's also a kick butt ninja, maybe slightly less so then Katsa, but the way he handles being less kick butt then her is so swoon worthy that it makes up for his lack of ninja which is still WAY more ninja than anyone beside's Katsa's ninja. The way he handles Katsa is so so so swoon worthy too. Not one of those guys who has to be more macho than his lady but not a weenie who just sits around and waits for her to saves him either. They act like equals which is rare in books like these. He lets her be her own person and I love that they're two separate entities instead of just an extension of each other as some YA novels tend to make their characters. The romance is different and refreshing and one of my personal favorites.


  You MUST read this book. If I had a grace that allowed me to influence your thoughts through the computer screen I'd be using it right now. *tries to use graceling mind powers* But sadly my eyes are not all awesomely violet and gold... or maybe one a scarlettey crimson color OH! Or maybe like a super bright neon color (What colors would you choose? It's harder than you'd think to pick... so many options! *giggles giddily*) Anyhoo.... READ IT. You won't be sorry. (cuz it's amazing, also wonderful... did I mention amazing?) READ IT!

1 comment:

  1. Nice, Mazza!! I might read this now...the heroine sounds awesome xD and I LOVE the eye thing! Ive always wanted different coloured eyes..:D One purple and one blue

    ReplyDelete